ESTATE PLANNING LEGAL ASSISTANT
Are you looking to find gratification in your daily work by helping others? Wilson Estate Planning Group has an opening for a Legal Assistant to assist our legal team in document preparation and file management. We are looking for a team player with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience and who can follow established office procedures to provide excellent customer service to our clients.
To excel in this position, you must be able to communicate clearly and possess a strong attention to detail skillset. Meeting strict deadlines, multi-tasking and working independently is an integral part of the daily responsibilities involved with a Legal Assistant position. Excellent customer service skills and being a daily team contributor is a must to succeed. Ability to maintain professional composure during high volume work periods.
- Draft and prepare documents for attorney review
- Proofread documents drafted by other members of the team
- Complete daily tasks and assignments independently with little supervision in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines
- Meet with clients in-person, by phone, and virtually
- File correspondence and legal documents within the electronic case management system
- Ensure proper indexing and filing of original legal documents
- 1-2 years of experience in elder law or estate planning, preferred
- 2+ years of legal experience, preferred
- Possess the ability to follow established office procedures
- Detail-oriented and client-focused
- Comfortable with change and can adapt as needed
- Intermediate computer experience, required; specifically, MS Word, MS Office, etc.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, required
- Takes initiative with the desire to grow professionally
- Demonstrates a caring, professional and positive disposition
- Proof of customer/client service experience history
- Understanding of general estate planning and/or probate legal terms, a bonus
Candidate will be required to successfully pass a background and drug screening prior to employment.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Diversity makes us better!