AP STAFF ACCOUNTANT
The Firm is currently in search of a full time AP Staff Accountant in our Little Rock Office.
This position is primarily responsible for initiating outgoing wires, A/P processing and data entry, and processing client cost checks. Duties include: monthly income statement expense accuracy through appropriate coding, allocation, and entry of A/P invoices, initiation of default and closing wires, downloading and payment of client cost expenses. Secondary responsibilities may include: A/P check generation and cash position backup, GL month end assignments, reconciliations and analysis.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance (B. A.) or any other related field of study and 1-2 years previous experience in accounting, accounting consolidations, project management and cost accounting. Prior experience with consolidations, financial analysis, and financial controls desired.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Candidate will be required to successfully pass a credit report, criminal background and drug screen prior to employment.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Diversity makes us better!