ROBERT M. WILSON, JR.
Founder (1952 - 2012)
We are nothing without our clients.
ROBERT M. WILSON, JR.
Founder (1952 - 2012)
Professional Accomplishments and Accreditations of Robert M. Wilson, Jr.
Robert M. Wilson, Jr. was the Chairman of the Executive Committee of Wilson & Associates, P.L.L.C. He was born in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1952. He was admitted to the Bar of the State of Arkansas, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas, U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 1978, and U.S. Supreme Court in 1986. He was admitted to practice in 1991 to Texas and in 1996 to Tennessee. He received his education from the University of Arkansas (B.A., 1974) and (J.D., 1977). He is a member of Phi Alpha Delta and Kappa Sigma fraternities. He has acted as general counsel to the Arkansas Mortgage Bankers Association since 1984. He has been the recipient of many awards including: Mortgage Bankers Association of Arkansas President’s Award for Excellence for 1978-1988 and again for 1993-1994. He was a Special Commissioner of the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission in 1980. He was also a founding board member of the USFN serving two terms as its original President and Chairman of the Board and has chaired virtually all of the USFN’s standing committees. He has received numerous awards from the USFN for excellence in his field.
Mr. Wilson was also an accomplished author and public speaker. He authored Act 57 for the Arkansas Legislature of 1987 (the Arkansas Statutory Foreclosure Act), Act 15 for the Arkansas Legislative Extraordinary Session in 1988. He was a Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute (1987-1988), Pulaski County Bar Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Arkansas Trial Lawyers, and Mortgage Bankers Association of America. He has dedicated his practice to the representation to foreclosures, bankruptcies, deeds in lieu, title defense, and secondary mortgage market transactions and deficiency, replevin actions, and general creditor collections.
* Attended American University (Washington, D.C.) and University of Arkansas (Fayetteville)
* Bachelor of Arts (U of A, Fayetteville), 1975
* Juris Doctor (U of A, Fayetteville), 1977
* Arkansas State and Federal Courts, 1978
* United States Supreme Court, 1986
* Texas State Courts, 1991
* Tennessee State Courts, 1996
* Wilson & Associates, PLLC (Arkansas & Tennessee) 1978 until his death in 2012
* Mortgage Banker’s of Arkansas President’s Award of Excellence (1987-1988 and 1993-1994)
* USFN Emerald Award of Excellence 1996; Wilson, McCalla, Raymer, Barrett & Frappier
* USFN Award of Distinction, October 12, 1996 Presented to Robby Wilson for creating the USFN Retreat
* USFN Board of Directors Service Award, 1989-1994
* USFN 10th Anniversary Member of the Founding Board of Directors, September 24th, 1998
* USFN Diamond Award of Excellence 1994 through 2007
* USFN Director of the Year 1990 & 1991
* USFN Founder’s Award
* Act 57 of 1987 (Statutory Foreclosure)
* Act 15 of 1988 Extraordinary Session (Super Lien)
* Act 983 of 1999 (numerous statutory foreclosure amendments)
* Various publications, textbooks and treatises on mortgage and real estate law in the State of Arkansas, upon request.
Most Recent Articles:
* “Arkansas Electronic Records & Signatures Act” – Featured in the USFN Report, Jul-Aug 2000 issue
* “Private Communications – Attorney-Client Privilege: Do You Still Have One?” – Featured in the USFN Report, Jul & Aug 2001 & The Daily Record, Aug 2001
* “Arkansas Ventures Into Cyber Notice” – The USFN Report, May-Jun 2001; also featured as “Arkansas Ventures Into Internet Notice” – Servicing Management, Aug 2001
Scope of Practices:
Since the founding of Wilson & Associates in 1978 the practice has been limited to the representation of the mortgage banking industry. Mr. Wilson and his firm provide mortgage related real estate representation. The practice includes, title review, title underwriting, title curative, real estate closings and escrow, foreclosure, deed in lieu, creditor representation for bankruptcy, real estate loan document preparation, general representation of mortgage companies, banks and real estate related concerns.
Wilson & Associates represents over 200 mortgage and banking concerns in both Arkansas and Tennessee. Specific representative clients may be obtained upon request